- 1 tablespoon black truffles, finely chopped
- ½ a pound of any pasta of your choice by Helios Pasta Industry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lightly-salted Organic Valley butter
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white flour
- 3 cups Organic Valley whole milk
- 1 pound cheddar cheese by Cabot, grated
- ½ pound Gruyere cheese, grated
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste, coarsely crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
Cook the pasta till al dente. Add olive oil to it while cooking, so it doesn’t stick. Drain fully and set aside.
Sauté onion in butter. Add flour, and then add milk gradually for smooth consistency. Cook to make white sauce. Use an immersion blender if the sauce turns out lumpy.
Add salt, pepper, paprika, bay leaf and thyme to the sauce as it cooks. Sauce should not be runny.
Mix the pasta, the sauce, and the minced black truffles.
Put in a dish, top with crumbs, and bake at 375°F for approximately 45 minutes or till it bubbles.
If truffles upset your grocery budget, you can substitute them with ½ a cup of minced, sautéed mushrooms!