Time: 20 minutes
½ cup jasmine rice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed, and patted dry
1 tablespoon taco seasoning (see ingredients below)
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
¼ cup onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add the taco seasoning and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the cooked rice between plates and top with the spiced chickpeas. Enjoy!
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
One serving is approximately 1 ¼ cups of spiced chickpeas and rice.
Want additional toppings? Add avocado, cilantro, green onions, red pepper flakes, or hot sauce. You can substitute kale for spinach.