- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds halal chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot Mexican chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper jalapeno pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
* This makes a very mild chili. Add more jalapenos and/or chili powder if you prefer more spice.