- 1 can (29 ounces) of chickpeas, rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely sliced or chopped (increase or decrease the amount based on your preference)
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup baby arugula, chopped
Microwave chickpeas in a medium bowl on high for 1½ minutes or until hot.
Stir in oil, juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and let sit for 30 minutes.
Add carrots, olives, and jalapeños. Once the chickpeas have reached room temperature, add the arugula.
Toss the salad well and then serve. Enjoy!