- 30 medium-sized Roma tomatoes
- 3 big white onions
- ½ cup of dried chile de arbol (stemless) peppers
- 3 small habanero peppers
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-sized catfish
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Blend the tomatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic together.
Pour the mixture along with water in a large pot and set aside.
Cut the catfish into smaller pieces and clean them thoroughly with water.
Marinade the fish with lemon juice, paprika, thyme, basil, rosemary, curry powder, and turmeric.
Set aside in a large bowl.
Add olive oil, cayenne pepper, and salt into the pot.
Stir very well and boil on very low heat for only 15 minutes.
Add the catfish into the pot and boil for another 15 minutes.
Serve alone or with steamed green vegetables.