Preparation Time: 10 min. | Cooking Time: 12 min.
Makes 48 cookies (360g)
1 cup (250 ml) black bean flour or whole bean flour
½ tsp (2 ml) baking soda
½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter or buttery spread
½ cup (125 ml) sugar
¼ cup (50 ml) packed brown sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, stir together bean flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, cream together margarine and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto nonstick baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted from Currie, V. & Spicer, K. (1993): Fullof Beans, Mighton House page 170.
The dough will seem sticky when using bean flours. Leave enough room in between cookies for them to spread out as they bake.
Nutrients Per Serving
|2 cookies (15 g)||% Daily Value|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2||10|