- 1 cup uncooked Gemelli pasta (or other short pasta)
- 1 pound raw, peeled, and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 leeks, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ¾ cup Organic Valley® Organic Half & Half or Lowfat Sour Cream
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, sauté the leeks and shrimp in olive oil on medium heat until shrimp is done, about 2 minutes per side. Take care not to overcook. Shrimp is done when it curls to a ‘C.’
Add the cooked pasta, fresh spinach, and cream to the shrimp and leeks. Mix well. The spinach will wilt naturally when combined with the warm pasta.