- 1 pound fresh or frozen large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, washed and julienned
- 1 yellow squash, washed and julienned
- 1 red onion, sliced crosswise
- ½ pound fresh or frozen broccoli, cut into small chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3-4 teaspoons olive oil
- fresh black pepper and salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 dozen mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2-3 green onions, 1 inch sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium size cast iron skillet.
Add garlic, shrimp, salt, and fresh pepper to the skillet.
Cook until shrimp turns pink.
Remove shrimp from the skillet and add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in the skillet.
Add onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and broccoli to the skillet.
Add in the soy sauce.
Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. (Do not over cook your veggies).
Once veggies are tender, add the shrimp back to the skillet.
Add green onions into the mix.
Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Mix the stir fry well to coat with the seasonings.
Plate stir fry and garnish with green onions.