Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup vermicelli crushed to about one inch pieces
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½-¾ cup sugar or 1 small condensed milk can (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom seeds
- ¼ teaspoon kewra (essence)-optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup coarsely crushed almonds or pistachios-optional
In a skillet warm butter and add the cardamom seeds.
Add the vermicelli to hot butter and lightly brown the vermicelli for a few minutes.
In a separate pot, combine whole milk, whipping cream, sugar and vermicelli. Gently stir for a few minutes so that sugar is dissolved.
On medium heat, bring milk mixture to a boil while stirring at intervals to avoid liquid from sticking to pan.
After first boil reduce the heat to minimum and let mixture thicken to your desired consistency.
Add kewra and stir well.
Add some crushed nuts to the desert and some to garnish the desert.
Cool it down and then chill. It is now ready to serve.