- 2¼ cups flour of your choice
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves teaspoon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Organic Valley® Organic Butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup Mariani Golden Raisins
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup Organic Valley® Organic Buttermilk
- powdered sugar, for tops as garnish
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin with butter.
Mix flour, sugars, spices, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or a food processor until crumbly.
Beat egg in a medium bowl; stir in pumpkin, raisins, orange zest, and buttermilk. Add to flour mixture until just blended.
Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
Serve with apple, pecan, or lemon butter.