- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, washed and chopped (remove green ends)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 stalk parsley
- 2 cups water
Boil 3 cups water in the kettle (enough to fill a saucepan). Wash, peel, and prep your vegetables.
Place all vegetables and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water and vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the herbs, nutmeg, and turmeric. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Puree to a smooth soup with a multi-blade blender.
Garnish with parsley (optional).
Serve hot with naan or rustic bread, and a dollop of sour cream.