- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch haricot verts, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4½ cups Saffron Road™ All Natural Traditional Chicken Broth
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Organic Valley® Organic Butter
- ⅔ cup halal Parmesan cheese
- 10 leaves sage, chopped
- 4-6 leaves sage, for garnish
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200°F. Place carrots, potatoes, haricot verts, and red onion on a large baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Keep warm in oven.
In the meantime, sauté garlic and rosemary with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan until fragrant. Add chicken stock; cover and bring to a boil. Remove rosemary sprigs and reduce heat to low.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and add rice. Cook on medium heat, stirring for 1 minute. Add water and boil until half of it is reduced.
Add ⅓ of the chicken stock. Cook until stock is absorbed; repeat with remaining stock. Rice should be tender. Add butter, cheese, and chopped sage.
Serve topped with roasted vegetables and garnish with sage leaves.