Servings: 15-20 pcs | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 15-20 min
1 cup flour
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon baking soda
measuring cups, spoons and bowls
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and have your kitchen gear ready to start baking these delicious cookies.
- With the help of your adult, preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl add flour, oats, shredded coconut and sugar. Mix all ingredients well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add butter, corn syrup and water.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Whisk all ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Add baking soda and mix well.
- Pour this butter mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing all ingredients thoroughly with a spatula.
- On a greased baking pan, place tablespoons of cookie batter about an inch apart.
- With the help of your adult bake for 15-20 minutes.
Chef’s Note: For chewy cookies reduce baking time. Longer baking will yield crunchier cookies.