- 1 cup plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 16 (¼-inch thick) slices French bread baguette
- 1 cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Arrange French bread slices on a baking sheet.
Bake until lightly browned and crisp.
Remove toast slices from oven and cool 2 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese thinly on 1 side of each toast and top with the olive mixture.