These elegant cookies require only a few minutes to put together. They have the toasty and warm flavor of brown sugar and molasses and a brightness from orange and cranberries. They are a quick and easy holiday treat to share with loved ones.
- 10 tablespoons Organic Valley® unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (optional)
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thick rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced Wonderful® almonds with skin
- 1 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
In a microwave safe medium sized bowl, combine sugars, vanilla bean and orange zest. Gently rub together with fingers until sugar looks slightly coarse.
Add butter and corn syrup. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until butter is melted. Whisk until smooth.
Add in nutmeg, oats, almonds and cranberries. Mix until well incorporated.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place one tablespoon of oat mixture on baking tray, leaving several inches between each.
Press cookies gently with the palm of your hand to help it spread evenly when baking.
Bake crisps for 12-13 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Cool for several minutes and then remove from baking tray,
Cool and serve or store in an airtight container up to 4 days.