- 3 large red onions
- 7 medium Habanero peppers
- 7 medium dried chile de árbol peppers (stemless)
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 7 small serrano peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup organic avocado oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups ginger, freshly grated
- 3 packets (0.6 oz each) of seaweed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 2 cups fresh collard greens
- 3 pounds halal goat meat
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
Blend the onions, peppers, and tomatoes together. Pour the mixture, along with water and avocado oil, into a large bowl.
Mix the ginger, seaweed, and green leafy vegetables together in a separate bowl. Set aside.
Marinade the goat meat with all the spices, dried herbs, and salt. Set aside in another bowl, and let sit for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, add the onion and pepper mixture, along with the marinated goat meat, to an Instant Pot®. Pressure cook on a low heat for 1 hour.
After the items in the Instant Pot are done cooking, stir in the ginger, seaweed, and green leafy vegetable mixture, and let the mixture simmer in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with cooked yam or baked potatoes.
This specific pepper soup recipe is very spicy. Feel free to reduce the amount of Habanero and serrano peppers because they are indeed hot!