- 1 whole halal chicken, cut up (or halal chicken drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- vegetable oil, divided
- 3 onions, chopped and divided
- 3¾ cups long-grain parboiled rice
- ¾ cup halal chicken stock
- 2 scallions
- 1½ cups mixed vegetables, (cubed carrots, sweet peas, corn, and green beans)
- ½ tablespoon curry powder, divided
- salt to taste
- 2 cups halal beef/cow liver, cooked and cubed
Cut the whole chicken into pieces, and sauté with oil, thyme, and 2 of the chopped onions. When done, place it in the oven, grill it, or deep fry it with vegetable oil.
In a separate pot, bring the stock to a boil, add the rice and curry powder, stir well, and cook until the water is dried up.
Transfer the rice to a serving platter or casserole dish.
In a pan, preheat the oil, then add the remaining onions. Sauté for a minute or 2.
Add the scallions, mixed vegetables, and spices (thyme, curry powder, and salt).
Add in the rice, and stir fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Take the mixture off of the heat, and transfer back to the serving platter or casserole dish. Add the cooked chicken, beef liver, and vegetables on top, and serve.