- 4 cups dried red or orange lentils
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 small habanero peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom broth
- 1 cup dried shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil or palm oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan sea salt
Soak the lentils in water for 30 minutes.
Blend the tomatoes, peppers, and onions together.
Pour the mixture along with the mushroom broth into a large bowl and set aside.
After 30 minutes, rinse the lentils and blend separately.
Thoroughly mix the lentils, mushroom broth, tomatoes, peppers, and onions.
Add the shrimp, oil, spices, and salt and continue to mix.
Pour the mixture in a large oven-safe glass dish.
Bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
Serve with garri (cassava dried grains soaked in cold water), bread, jollof rice, or fried rice.