- 1 leg of halal lamb (about 7 to 8 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, in slivers, sliced lengthwise
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 4 additional garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- oregano, crushed
- about ½ cup water
- potatoes, sliced lengthwise (optional)
- onions, sliced lengthwise (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Insert the tip of a paring knife in various locations around the leg of lamb.
Insert the slivers of garlic into the pierced locations.
Squeeze and rub the lemons all over the lamb, then place the lemon in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Rub the lamb with minced garlic.
Place in the roasting pan and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
Bake in the center of the oven for 2½ hours until done. In the last 30 minutes of baking, you can add potatoes and onions to the liquid in the roasting pan.
Remove from oven and allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.