- 2 cans of garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (IFANCA certified Int’l Food & Flavors, Cargill brands or your choice)
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon paprika for garnish
Drain the beans and save some water to use later. Reserve a handful of the whole beans for garnish. Transfer the rest to a large bowl. Blend the beans with hand blender until a smooth paste, adding ½ cup of olive oil gradually. Add the saved water if needed to help it blend. Add the tahini and blend in along with the lemon juice. Blend in the garlic, cumin and salt.
Spread the hummus into a flat serving dish and garnish with the saved beans and paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with pita bread.