- 6 fresh, medium-sized mackerel fish
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized red and green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of black powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ piece of jalapeno
- ½ piece of habanero
- 2 medium-sized lemon fruits
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread the olive oil on the baking pan evenly.
Rinse each mackerel fish very well by de-veining all of them properly as well as cutting off their fins and gills.
Season them with all the spices above except for the peppers, tomatoes, and herbs (parsley and cilantro). These are chopped separately.
Lastly, marinate the mackerel with lemon juice and keep in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, spread the mackerel in the baking pan, add the chopped tomatoes, peppers, parsley, and cilantro on top of the mackerel, and place in the preheated oven.
Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
Serve with beans, pasta, rice, fried plantain, grated, soaked cassava flour (known as 'garri') or simply eat alone.