- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one (1) lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
In a large bowl, mix the first four ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper. May be made in advance and refrigerated.
Preheat your grill. (If you wish to use your oven, set it on broil, or on a stick-free skillet on your stove top.)
Slice the Halloumi into bite-sized pieces or in long strips and place the pieces into bowl; and pour the garlic-mint mixture over the cheese and let stand for ten minutes, stirring once or twice to coat all sides.
If using your grill or skillet, using tongs, place the pieces of cheese on the grill/skillet. Otherwise, place the contents of the bowl into a shallow oven-proof dish, and place in your oven. Cook the cheese 4 minutes on each side.
Remove the cheese and garnish with pomegranate seeds.