Prep: 30 min.
Marinate: 30 min.
Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. granulated onion
- 1-½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-½ tsp. salt
- 3 lb. Better Beef™ halal beef top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup seedless (English) cucumber, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- grilled peppers & onions (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
In large bowl combine oil, granulated garlic and onion, oregano, pepper, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 1-inch cubes. Add meat to oil mixture; toss to coat evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, for Avocado Sauce, in food processor combine avocado, cucumber, mint, sour cream, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the 1 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary. Transfer to serving bowl.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using. Put meat on skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Place skewers on rack directly over heat, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
For Grilled Peppers and Onions: Brush whole peppers and onion slices with oil. Cover and grill directly over heat, 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
Serve with Avocado Sauce and Grilled Peppers and Onions. Sprinkle fresh mint.