- 3 cups garri (dried cassava flour)
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups okra, blended
- 2 cups halal chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ cup iru (locust beans)
- 1 cup dried stockfish
Boil the water.
Pour the garri into the boiling water and stir consistently with a wooden spoon or spatula until there is a fine dough. This dough is known as eba.
Set the eba aside in a separate bowl and cover to keep it hot.
Add the blended okra, seasoning, curry powder, cayenne pepper, iru, and dried stockfish into the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
Dish out the eba and okra soup onto separate plates.
Enjoy eating with your (clean) bare hands.