- 2 pounds halal lean beef, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet of Saffron Road® Korean Stir fry simmer sauce
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick (for flavor)
- 1 cup halal chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
Place beef cubes into crock pot.
Season beef with salt and pepper.
Add onion, garlic, stock, tomatoes, celery, coriander, cumin, tomato paste, bay leaf, and olive oil to the crock pot and stir to combine.
Add Saffron Road Korean Stir fry simmer sauce and the lemon juice to crock pot, cover, and cook on high for 6 hours until very tender.
Transfer the beef to a large serving dish.
Serve with mashed sweet potatoes, rice, bulgur wheat, or couscous to soak up the delicious sauce.