Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound chicken boneless meat cut into ½” diced pieces
- salt to taste
- loaf of bread, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4-5 teaspoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ block IFANCA halal certified Cabot cheese, sliced
- vegetable oil as needed to fry onions and stir fry chicken
In a toaster, toast all bread slices.
In a large skillet, fry onions until golden brown, remove and set aside.
In same skillet, add diced chicken, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to make chicken filling.
Mix well and stir-fry chicken pieces until nicely browned and remove from skillet, leaving utensil on low heat.
Take two toasted slices at a time. Lightly layer with mayonnaise. Place in the skillet, on medium-low heat, mayonnaise side facing up.
Put a cheese slice on each toast. On one toast add cooked chicken filling, fried onions, and sprinkle some cumin seeds.
Place second hot toast over chicken filling.
Gently press toasts together with spatula so cheese can stick to chicken.
Warm each side of the sandwich enough to melt the cheese slices.
Slice into triangles and serve!
You can serve Chicken Patty Melt appetizers with potato wedges or mashed potatoes. Don't forget ketchup!