Makes 8 servings
(Sources include: Cabot Creamery)
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless halal Al-Safa chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups home-made halal chicken broth*
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen white corn
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- corn tortilla chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package halal Cabot Cheese, grated
In saucepan, combine chicken breasts and water. Bring to gentle simmer and cook.
Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, combine onion, garlic and oil; cook, stirring, until onions are tender. Set aside.
Transfer cooked chicken to plate to cool. Strain cooking liquid into another saucepan. 4.Add broth to cooking liquid and bring to simmer. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved onion mixture and cook until heated through.
In each of eight large soup bowls, arrange about 8 tortilla chips. Shred cooled chicken and divide among bowls. Ladle hot soup over chips and chicken; top with grated cheese.