- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups halal chicken stock
- kitchen salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups halal shredded cheddar
In a stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
Whisk in flour and let it cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add chicken stock and season the mixture generously with salt and pepper.
Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Add milk and bring to a simmer until the soup has thickened.
Stir in the cheddar.
Serve with a baguette.