Feeds one hungry basketball team
5 lbs. ground beef, washed
2 bunches of green onions, finely chopped
2 big tomatoes (firm)
4 green hot chilies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
½ cup oil for frying
burger buns, toasted
10 whole red chilies
2 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon dried pomegranate seeds (Anardana; available in South Asian stores,) crushed
3 tablespoon corn flour (Makai Atta) or chickpea flour (Besan)
Raita Sauce Ingredients
1 cup yogurt, chilled
½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 cucumber (medium size), finely diced
2 green hot chilies, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely diced
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
Instructions for Chapli Kebab
- Add finely diced green onions, tomatoes and green chillies, to the ground beef.
- Add ginger & garlic paste and salt to the beef and mixed well.
- Brown dry ingredients in a separate pan for 10 seconds, remove from heat, cool, then grind to a coarse mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to the beef. Mix well, then marinate for an hour.
- Shape meat and vegetable mixture to make thin patties.
- To cook, either grill or fry patties, 6-8 minutes on each side. When frying do not use lot of oil.
- When cooked, remove from heat.
- For each burger, toast buns, add Chapli Kebab and two tablespoons of Raita Sauce. Serve.
Instructions for Raita Sauce
Whip chilled yogurt lightly, then add all ingredients to make a smooth paste. Serve on Chapli Kebab with burger buns.