HFCE offers an efficient halal supervision and certification program to industry. The program is implemented as follows:
- Company submits a completed application requesting halal certification.
- Company provides the required documentation and information pertaining to specification sheets, labels, flow charts, cleaning/sanitation procedures, and other production details.
- Production facility audit/inspection is scheduled and completed. (During the audit/inspection, the production process, ingredients, and plant sanitation are reviewed.)
- Once everything meets the halal certification requirements, a contract is signed between HFCE and the company.
- The HFCE halal certificate is issued. This may be an annual certificate which is renewed annually or a batch certificate which is issued for each halal-certified production batch.
HFCE is recognized and accredited by many Muslim government organizations around the world, including Majelis Ulema Indonesia (MUI), Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM), Majlis Ugama Islam Singapore (MUIS), Emirates International Accreditation Center (EIAC), Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Korea (MFDS).